Tuesday, August 24, 2010

the dog wins

Dogs always win. Cats always win. Here's what my house lives with because we live with animals. Most of these things can be easily hidden when there's a party but let's keep it real here, my house is a zoo. Here's the two kennels in the dining area.
So very attractive, especially the decorative plant. During Christmas I dunno what I'm gonna do with the kennels, I guess I can put them in the drum room.
Here's the feeding area, though the yellow can is pretty cute. Almost as cute as Woz.
Here's the feeding station for the cats.
Under the sink where LJ wanted to be a part of the photo...
...is the cat's food both dry and wet as well as their catnip and treats.
In the laundry room is the dog's area.
With their food, treats, small bones...
...large bones, old meds, and nail clippers.
We also have a special pet hair broom. The rubbery part catches the hair and it's retractable.
Ah the black box of evil. I love it. It was worth the $170 I spent on it. Not only does it not look horrendous but it's very well designed to keep the litter inside since the cat enters from the top of the box and it's very easy to clean. The cats use it so I think it's doing what it's supposed to.
The white box next to it holds the clean litter as well as a hilarious sticker that came with the litter box.
We had this in our bedroom out of sight but when Christmas was over we figured what the heck and put it downstairs. It saves our couch and makes Gadget feel secure when he's in the living room with the dogs.
I brought this over from my brother's place thinking I would find a room for it but haven't been able to. I was gonna sell it or donate it but Gadget's staked his claim on it so I can't get rid of it.
This is the scratcher that also saves our couch. I think we might buy a matching pair for the other side of the couch.
Where the leashes hang.
Where the bags of dog food lie.
And the backyard that lays in waste because both dogs poop on the hill and they would tear up the cushions on the lounge chairs if they were outside so they must stay barren. Tears.
It's funny to see how the critters affect our lives but nothing compared to children I'm guessing.

No comments: