Sunday, August 22, 2010

i am reading a book

Since I am home and have exhausted my duties cleaning the house and organizing and it's too hot to do outdoor projects, I am really sick of the internet and DVDs so I wanted something to do next. I started "1776" and then Matt brought "Packing for Mars" home from the store so I could read it because the author, Mary Roach, was a guest on The Daily Show and the topic could not be more pertinent to my interests. Space travel as told through the eyes of a ridiculously hilarious and intelligent woman who claims to have "no hobbies".
I don't read books much, unlike Matt who reads books all the dang time. Because this is a rare ocurrance, I feel the need to mention it because I want a virtual impressed look on your faces that I read for fun and that I am smart for reading a science kind of book.
Here's a promo clip for the book:

I am madly in love with both her and her book. It's hilarious and scienc-y and something I wish Ali was living nearby for because we totally would go to her book signing in Santa Monica this Thursday.

No comments: