Tuesday, March 15, 2011

herby the window

Normally I have a bit of herbs on the window in front of the sink. Makes sense right? Next to the sink and in front of a window, happy herb. But, what if I wanted a bit bigger of an herb garden? I have in the dining area of the kitchen a rather large window. 
One where I could presumably make this kinda thing happen which I spied and LOVED in the February  issue of BHG. 
They used glass shelves which make less of an impact on the window sort of disappearing and making the plants just kind of float there in their cuteness.
I would have more of this sort of thing happening which is also a cute idea. A ledge from West Elm and small modular planters just perfect for herbs. After all I'm only trying to keep two people herbed up, I'm not exactly trying to feed a town or anything but if I want cilantro in my tortilla soup, why can't I just snip some up?
I particularly like this idea because I don't have a lot of land space in my yards but according to many people, latest issue of Martha Stewart included, you don't need a lot of space to grow food.

No comments: