Friday, March 25, 2011

royal-t

My co-worker/pal Jenni & I went to a place I'd been wanting to try called "Royal-T". It's in Culver City and is quite unique. Polaroid pics by Jenni.
We ordered the High Tea set which is a pot of your choice of tea and a three tiered tray with canapes, deserts, and a kobe beef slider that Jenni ate. I braved the egg salad canape since most everything had meat and it was pretty good even though it, gag, is made with hard boiled egg. Believe it or not us gluttons had dinner as well which was delicious. Jenni had butternut squash ravioli and I had a veggie rice bowl. My pal's extra sweet when we go out, she usually gets something veggie that I can share in.
We shared the Royal-T milk tea which is, get this: black tea, vanilla, rose petals, and soymilk. Oishii! We actually had two pots of tea. Yeah...
It's an art gallery in addition to a tea cafe and the night we were there was the opening night of an opera.
It's pretty dang cool, delicious, great service. Next time you're in town Am, we'll have to try it.

No comments: