Monday, April 11, 2011

edland cabinet

No matter how many times I've done it, it's crazy how something that comes in a flat package can so magically be transformed. Going from this:
 To this:
Which came about to prevent destruction by this one:
Lookit! It's fancy now 'cause the stuff in there is behind glass.
Here's the stuff in there:
Okay on my last expedit I had mounted a stemware holder on the second shelf which worked out nicely, should I do the same here?  It's purely for looks since I don't actually store my legit stemware in here, I got too many to fit into the cabinet. But once you drill holes into this thing there's no going back so, should I do it?
It has a drawer that I'm using to store tablecloths and runners.
It's big. A lot bigger than I imagined but I really like it. Takes the room up a notch.
Matt made a point of saying it looks good. So you know I ain't messing around when I say it's awesome. And for the record, I assembled it all by myself like most every other piece of furniture I purchase with the exceptions of the ones my father and father in-law assembled while I was working and we were just moving into the new place. The only thing Matt helped with, not that he wouldn't have helped if I had asked, was to help me lift it off it's side and he drilled the safety brackets into the wall 'cause he's a giant and can reach up there.

Oh and by the way, I was still finishing the assembly when the nieces dropped by so I had to mount the two GLASS doors while Angie kept trying to step on them. Nerve racking. Believe you me.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

looks good without drilling holes for the rack to me.