Wednesday, April 6, 2011

i'm a hater

I don't know when it happened but all of a sudden it started becoming glaringly obvious that the same trends are being used over and over and over. Usually I'd be like ah, cute, but now I'm like this looks familiar. Even more than that when I see something being reused now I start becoming a hater and think all snobby that blah, I've seen that. Duh girl, use something else. Been there. This is the recent one. May I rant? At first glance it's pleasant looking. To most people anyway. Obviously I love the desk, I have one myself in my office. The black and white print. Meh. Then there's the expedit being used the way I personally would never use it which is with a bunch of storage boxes that all match. Why? I don't know! It's my OCD that I want everything hidden in the office. EVERYTHING. The cables. The printer. The office supplies. Ridiculous right, I mean you walk in there, there's a desk, it's an office Evelyn, get over yourself.
Here's mine in comparison. Did you know the yellow paper suitcase holds stationery and the round flowery box hold envelopes. They are boxes but they don't scream office supplies are inside. I will admit that I do have that bulletin board with ribbon thing that I want to replace. And though I may agree with the same choice of desk, my office is nothing like hers.
And then we have this. GROAN. ANOTHER expedit. The rast dresser that everyone and their mom have remade? The visible printer? And the most heinous of all decorating crimes: the keep calm poster.
In my home and life I am a victim of my own laziness. If I were a person with any sort of patience I would have scoured the earth for the perfect pieces of whatever but I am lazy and not rich so I bought most everything at a mass retailer that everyone else has access to. I can only hope that the way I put them in my house is just a tiny bit different.
And I'm sure if any of these blogger chicks came into my house they'd think it was just like everyone else's. So let's continue trying to change that, shall we? 

Not for them. Eff them. For me. 

1 comment:

Miri said...

You know what bothers me the most in the first picture?

She killed her orchid.

Yep, I said it.