Tuesday, April 5, 2011

veggie challenge

I'm hate being preachy about the veggie thing. I hate being preachy about anything. BUT, being a vegetarian has affected my entire family believe it or not. Even if they don't go veggie, when they're invited to my house, they don't get meat, and they're okay with it. When we go out, they're as concerned as we are about what we can eat when we're out. And even if they don't go veggie, they're aware of it. They notice things.

Case in point: my in-laws told me they caught an episode of the antichrist Oprah where she and a bunch of staffers went on a one week challenge to go VEGAN. She even has a starter kit link for you to try it out. Major props to her for giving it a shot and they're even gonna try meatless Mondays at their cafeteria. Fun! I thought it was really sweet that as Jill told me about their watching the episode, Dan said he wouldn't mind going veggie if they ate the way I cook. Aww... shucks.

So, I challenge you guys. Go veggie once a week. I'm not Oprah, thank heavens, but hey, I've been a veggie for almost three years and as I said to Mary at dinner the other night, "If I would have seen the plate of food that I eat nowadays and love five years ago, I would not have believed it". I eat lentils, kale, artichoke, asparagus, root veggies, squash, I drink almond milk, I have veggie bacon. Who is this person? If I can do it, you can do it, that's what I'm saying. Bonus points if you go vegan for a day.

Por why? 'Cause it will be fun! And because you would save the earth, or at least a tiny little chunk of it for the day.

No comments: