Monday, April 11, 2011

tagging the cookbooks

I have a ritual with my cookbooks that I call tagging. I take small post its (usually ones where the color is similar to the color of the cookbook but I ran out of blue post its) and an ultra fine sharpie...
...and go page by page and write down the name of the recipe I want to try at the top of the post it and then stick it at the top of the page. I stick them across the page as I go starting at the far left and moving to the edge then starting over, like index tabs.
Once I try a recipe, I move it to the side and then write the date I tried it and some notes. As you can see from this book, it's new and I've not tried anything in here yet.
This cookbook on the other hand that I got as a bridal shower present, is the one that changed my life and I've tried a ton of recipes from it.
This recipe was tried Christmas Eve 2007 for my family and has and always will be a family favorite. Matt's family in New Mexico has tried it as has my family in Mexicali. Spanning two Mexicos!
 This is the book I'm tagging today because...
I'm not happy unless I'm planning a party and Saturday, May 7, I'm throwing a fancy Mother's Day Brunch for my side of the family. It should be special since it will be the first mother's day for Liz as a mommy and since I'm speaking to my mother finally, she's coming too.

Of course, since my mom's a freak she's already called to try to invite someone to the party that I had no intention of inviting. I kinda miss not talking to her...

No comments: