Wednesday, April 20, 2011

she said red

I consulted my decor friend Mary about the guest room. What color is good with yellow and grey? She said red. I think orange might be good too but red sounds like fun. The mirror was displaced since the edland cabinet takes up the whole wall so now he's here.
Mary suggested a dark grey for the curtains to ground the room and Ikea sold these suckers for like $40 bucks the pair and they're long, soft and SUPER dark. A volcano could be errupting outside your room and you wouldn't see it.
Obviously I will be mounting the curtain rod a little higher so they don't drag so much.
I took down all the pics of the girls and critters and I'm trying to relocate the pictures into other frames. I'm just not feeling the bright colored frames right now. And since I moved this picture from over our bed, I moved it in here.
Switching a color scheme out is really easy when you have stuff already. I swapped the striped pencils in my office, brought in my new kate spade sailor notecards that are conveniently red...
And put a little heart shaped dish next to the anemone.
It's got a cute sentiment inside.
I bought a few picture frames in silver for the office but put a few in here instead with pics of the girls.
Who'd have thought I'd bring red back in there.
 Should I add a little orange?

1 comment:

Miri said...

LOVE.

And, yes. :)