Tuesday, April 12, 2011

mother's day brunch: the cups that caused a party

Honest blog I'm throwing a party because I want to use plum cups I purchased. No sense letting them just sit there unused. This is how the annual Christmas party started. I had been given so many black and white entertaining items I had to throw a party to use them! So I thought, what can I throw that would go with plum cups? Duh. Mother's Day Brunch.
I bought the girls and my mom cheesy mugs I will either fill with flowers they can take when they leave or tell their baby daddys to give me items to fill them like gift cards or something. Which seems better? If I go with flowers as mugs it works as both decor and gift in one.
Also I need teacups and saucers. Proper ones. I only have the Crown & Crumpet one and the other ones I have are too big, more like for coffee, I need something like:
Actually I'm just gonna hit a bunch of thrift stores and buy all mismatching teacups and saucers a la cheap to make it feel like an Alice in Wonderland tea party and you know how I feel about Alice in Wonderland. Oh and by mismatched I mean none of the teacups will have a pair, obviously the teacup and saucer will match to each other but not to another teacup and saucer. I'm only able to let my OCD down so much...

No comments: