Sunday, August 5, 2012

golf outfit of the day & the story of my first par

We had a day off (sort of, I've been editing a pre-pro book since about 5pm) so what else do we do but go golfing with our golf friend Fatz, who took one look at my outfit and said it was ridiculous since I was matching my sports bra, shirt, and sunglasses. I think it was awesome albeit truly ridiculous.
Well I had a sucky start but I started getting better and on the 8th hole while both boys were doing this...
I did this:
PAR! Each stroke did exactly what I wanted it to do which must be the key to golf. The first stopped just short of the bunker. The second was perfectly pitched over the bunker and onto the green ("That was perfect EvY", said my golf teacher Fatz). The 3rd was a 3 foot putt, "If I make par on this, there will be some serious un-sportsmanlike celebrating," I warned them. Ping! It went in and I jumped in the air. My first par.

The day wasn't without loss: my pink ball went over a fence, never to be seen again. From now on in lieu of presents, I will be accepting pink golf balls.

No comments: