Wednesday, August 1, 2012

i'm too lazy for anything but mass retail

I wish my house looked this pretty and was perfectly curated with furnishings and accessories that come together in a magical way where things don't perfectly match yet still belong together.
I could have hunted high and low for furniture that looked lovely and could be stripped and painted and really make a room. But I'm just too lazy.
I could have saved my money and gotten a perfect piece of midcentury modern or danish but I'm just too lazy.
Even how I dress. I could hunt beautiful vintage stores and shop online for unique clothing items but I'm just too lazy. The only thing I have time for is mass retailers, readily available online and near work and home. So 90% of my furniture is Ikea, and 90% of my clothes are from Old Navy & Target. Maybe someday I'll have more energy to make an effort but right now, I just don't. 

No comments: