Monday, March 3, 2014

cabin fevah

We stayed in Friday and Saturday and I was getting a mild case of cabin fever. Don't get me wrong, I love being home, but somehow being forced to stay home makes you feel a little crazy. The person that had to suffer the most through this was Matt because I decided to take on the little projects that have been driving me crazy for awhile. Very simple things. The people that flipped our house didn't do the most thorough of jobs, no surprise there and one of the funny things they did was put the towel bar ridiculously close to the light switch and comically distanced from the shower.
Now to patch up the holes and then repaint the room. Before the alien arrives I'd love to do a few minor things to kid up the joint. Not sure what that would entail other than a hook for the kid's bathrobe and one of those diaper sprayers for the toilet.
Then there's the curtain situation in the laundry room.
I had hung it a little too wide but then it just bugged me, I wanted there to be less curtain taking up space and more room for the wall since we want to install some  cabinetry up here. I'm gonna try and live with it for awhile but I think what I want to do in here is some sort of bamboo blind.
And I went into the nursery closet to asses the situation.
I took out the drum items that need to find another home and took the large standing fan out and we're left with this little bookcase that has a few books already, two empty cubbies (the blue bin is empty) and the sleeping bag and air mattresses. I don't think I'll try to re-locate those items but the records I think I would. We got rid of our old record player so we need a new one. It would be cool to have it in this room so we'll see about that.
I moved the sewing machine into my office and left the kid stuff here. I put the toys it would use when it's older at the way top and just sorta put mementos on the bottom shelf that may find a home elsewhere. As you can see from the fact that there's a floral bin next to the baseball glove, we still don't know the gender of the alien. I honestly don't care at this point to learn what it is for my own sake but for the sake of others. I could almost go for a surprise baby. ALMOST.
I bought a few things one fine day at H&M that hang in the closet and after that Matt made me promise not to buy anything else until after the baby showers since clothes would probably be the most gifted item. I will however be purchasing either these sandals or this hat depending on what the alien turns out to be as a symbol slash oh my freaking gosh little gold jelly sandals!
And here's our problem zone. Hamper for the kid's clothes but those boxes, oof, I don't know where I'm gonna store them. The shed probably. That poor shed.
So that's what I did over the weekend. Oh and we met our nephew. Photos forthcoming.

No comments: